Hello!
Welcome to the first entry of my new blog! the purpose of this blog is to provide an account of my life while I live and work as support staff at the south pole station in Antarctica!
I have finally received my itinerary and leave for Denver CO on October 21st for orientation! While there I will meet up with lots of other people also going to the south pole and McMurdo station. I am very excited to know that i will not be traveling alone for most of the journey to the pole. My friend, Michelle, who is also going to be at the south pole with me was given a different departure date and actually starts her journey to the pole on October 14! While I am sad Michelle and I will not travel down to the ice together I am glad to know i will be meeting new friends and co-workers in Denver.
After I leave Denver, I will head to Christchurch NZ. I will be here for a few days while i am issued all sorts of cold weather gear and other work uniforms. Provided the weather is good I will depart from Christchurch NZ on October 27th for McMurdo Station Antarctica!!!
That is about all i know for now! I am very excited to start my epic journey to the ice, and then on to the south pole!
Please post comments and questions about what you read on this blog, i will do my very best to respond to all of them!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
erin on ice is funny! lucky you have such a whitty older sister.
i'm excited you'll be blogging about your adventure. it will help me explain what and where my baby sister is. and keep daily tabs on you.
I'm so glad you got a blog Erin! And remember you can always call and tell me to feed you sea monkeys if you get scared.
Hi Erin- your mom is a friend of mine in Maine (I also teach strings). I have placed your blog on my bookmarks bar and will check it frequently. Best of luck in your endeavour!!
Mary Eckstein
Hi Erin
Good Luck on the adventure!
Watch out for dishpan hands!
Dan Barrett
Stay warm and have so much fun! I can't wait to read all about your adventures!
Post a Comment